Here you will find all information regarding our open web API including demos, documentation and samples of usage.
Feel free to use this shared webservice for commercial or non-commercial applications. Depends on the amount of requests you send to webservice your images may be queued and processed with delay.
Current free usage limits: faces search/recognition requests - no limits; new images - 500 images per day (15000 images per month); Same image with different set of processing flags counts as new image; images in processing queue - 500; transform requests - no limits.
Free usage data storage policy: Source images deleted shortly after processing. Faces that have no person/namespace assigned and corresponding image metadata deleted after 10 days (face IDs and image IDs will be invalidated).
You must include betafaceapi.com attribution in your website, project or app. You can help us and endorse betafaceapi.com by providing additional attribution on your main page. This will also make it easier for us to find your application and promote it for you within our application galleries.
Copy the following code into your web page or client application.
<!-- Begin Betafaceapi.com Attribution Snippet -->
<a href="http://betafaceapi.com/" title="Face Recognition by betafaceapi.com">Face Recognition by betafaceapi.com</a>
<!-- End Betafaceapi.com Attribution Snippet -->
This code results in a link like this:
Please use only the image links we provide you, and place attribution near results or actions supported by the betafaceapi.com service. However, please do not use the badge or snippet to suggest betafaceapi.com is responsible for your web site's content or service.
For commercial users we offer additional options, such as running dedicated image/video processing servers, complete webservice or SDK licensing and custom development. For additional information please contact us with your project description.
betaface.com @ twitter
Silverlight demo client (Silverlight 4 required)
Webservice will provide following image metadata:
general face info:
- faces (positions, sizes, angles)
- face landmarks locations (8 standard, 86 pro)
- cropped face images
- gender, age, ethnicity, smile, glasses, mustache and beard detection (beta version)
- face and facial features shapes description
- hair and skin color
- facial hair detection
- approximate hairstyle shape
- background color and clothes color.
following functions supported:
- upload image file or submit image url
- retrieve image and face metadata, including cropped face image
- compare single faces or groups of faces and receive similarity confidence along with match decision.
- transform face image(s) - generate averages from two or more faces, change face expression or otherwise modify them.
- add user defined metadata tags, store user-adjusted points and face info.
Here you will find detailed API documentation (work in progress)
Webservice auto-generated help page (open it with Internet Explorer)
Sample webservice client (including C# source code, .Net 4.0)
Open source Python webservice client from Andrei-Adnan Ismail
Open source PHP webservice client from Walter Gammarota